Wednesday 13 June 2012

REVIEW - Montagne Jeunesse hot chocolate face mask


Hello everyone~
Today's post is a review of Montagne Jeunesse Melted Hot Chocolate Pore Cleansing Face Mask - a complete mouthful. And, joining me in this review is my bestest, Megan~





This is what the packaging looks like, nothing special, just very simple. This is the chocolate & orange type mask. If you can see, it says on the pack "Self Heating" - I will get to this in a moment! So, the directions for use are pretty simple: 1) Clean your face, 2) Apply the face mask, 3) Wait, 4) Clean your face. It's not rocket science.





So, here we are, with clean faces~ We used Simple Makeup Wipes and then moisturised our faces with Simple Moisturiser.  After that, we opened up our face masks:




On the packet they give a tear mark, which is handy because other wise I would have had to get my scissors out - and I didn't want to do that. This face mask smells amazing. It's a Terry's Chocolate Orange melted down! And if you have no idea what that is, it's basically orange chocolate. It smelled DELICIOUS, I was very tempted to eat it...





As soon as we applied this to our face we were taken back and went crazy. The face mask was warm! It was warming up and we weren't quite sure if we liked it or not, it was a bit freaky. The colour of this is a little off putting - if you know what I mean. At first, I thought Megan was having an allergic reaction because she was going crazy and freaking out, and in all fairness, I was getting freaked out by her reaction.





We applied the face mask everywhere on our face, avoiding our eyes, mouth and nostrils - obviously. And, as you can see, it's not the cleanest of processes ever, but it washes off of your hands pretty easily. Now, all we have to do is wait 10-15 minutes~




This is the mask 15 minutes later~ Not a lot has changed! It has dried a little bit, but not so much that you can't move your face. It stays moist and if you begin to rub it again, it warms up. 





Now we wash it all off~
We filled up my sink with warm water and brought the water to our faces and rubbed it off - of course, you do what you're happier with.  The mask is brown, so your water will obviously be brown too. Genius. Make sure you take your time getting the mask off of your face, you'll be suprised how much of it stays on. We found that this product can make your skin a little darker if you don't clean your face well - not an attractive look really.





Moisturise your skin afterwards and ta-dah! 
This product said it was pore cleansing, but I didn't find that. My pores looked exactly the same, so I was a bit disappointed. My skin did feel soft, which was nice, but we didn't get it for soft skin. The positive parts about this is that it smells fabulous and it's easy to apply! I had so much left in the packet when I was done. 
I would give this ***, it would have been **** or ***** if it did what it said on the tin.


Thank you for taking the time to read this and my blog and I hope you stay tuned for my next post~!

No comments:

Post a Comment