Monday 4 June 2012

HAUL! - Pull & Bear, Top Shop, H&M, Vans and Vintage.



First of all, I am very, very, very sorry I haven't blogged in a while! I've had nothing to blog about. But, hurrah, finally, I do! I went out to Liverpool the other day because I needed (urgently needed) some summer clothes as my wardrobe is filled with jumpers and winter clothes. In this post I will show you what i've bought and what I would style it with - sound good? Good~


DISCLAIMER:
I'm not a rake. I am curvy and things, so i've bought clothes that I think will suit my body shape. I can't help it if i've got large hips or a tummy - I was born like this! :)

Okay! Let's start with TopShop~ I originally bought 2 items of clothing from there, but i'm going to take one back; decided I don't like it any more. But I did get these gorgeous jeggings. Now, I never ever thought I would buy jeggings, but I thought I might as well try them on and see how they look. Well, I obviously liked how I looked in them! Haha! They're thin, a pretty colour and super duper comfortable~



I like to call this my "Throw back from the 90's" look~ 
I got this over-sized stripey top from what is now known as Kstyleme.com, I think it was called k-mart.com before, it's been changed for a while now that I just remember it as Kstyleme.com. I love this top, i've had it for nearly a year now and the brand was called BLACK. I like to tuck it in and then slightly pull it out so it's baggy. In case it got chilly (which it did today), I paired it with a grey cardigan from H&M.


For makeup, I kept it simple and versatile! Winged eyeliner, mascara, BB Cream and blush. On my lips i'm using Revlon's Lip Butter in Cup Cake - this is perfect for the summer because it's very hydrating on the lips and there's such a variety of colours to choose from!


For my necklace of choice, I chose this choker style chain which I got from a flea market in Norwich. It's a nice bright gold and it was a bargain -£2!


MAIN STREAM ALERT! Yes, yes I bought Vans! I bought them because I needed some walking shoes for when I go to Italy and my espadrills weren't going to suffice! I decided to get them in this lovely burgundy colour rather than the grey. This is my first outfit~!


This is outfit number 2! I'm wearing 3 items that I have recently bought here, but you can only see 2 of them. I bought this lovely straw boater hat from H&M, this gorgeous tropical skirt from Pull&Bear and a black lace bandeaux (which is under my shirt) which is also from Pull&Bear.



This black shirt is from H&M, it's quite a thin material so it would be good for more chilly summer days, and it's a 3/4 length shirt. This is also what the skirt looks like up close - such a pretty design!



This is the necklace that I paired with it. I got this black sand timer necklace from TopShop in the sale, so i'm not sure if they'll have it in stock now. I didn't want a chunky necklace like before because this look is much more girly and dainty.


I decided to stay with my Revlon Lip Butter in Cup Cake, but for a brighter alternative, I would wear MACs Morange - a beautiful bright orange!


For shoes, I went for my Kimchi Blues from Urban Outfitters. I adore these shoes, but sadly I don't have a lot to wear them with- just going to have to go shopping again! I got these in the sale too for £15, which I thought was so so good! 
Of course, you can easily turn this outfit into a night time look by getting rid of the black tights and putting on some wedges!




I think wedges are easier to walk in and are much more comfortable. These beauties are from New Look. 
That's outfit number 2 done!



This is outfit number 3!
I bought this nude coloured dress from H&M and I got it a size too big, so I put a black top underneath, also from H&M, and gathered it by the bust and added a black belt. My cardigan is from New Look and it's ancient! I've had it for years, but i'm pretty sure you can pick a long black cardigan from anywhere these days. Again, I wore my boater hat because I thought it looked cute together - and I love the way black and nude goes together.


My necklace of choice is this little owl~ I also got this years and years ago from TopShop. Sadly the chain at the back broke, so only one ring remains on it, but it's still wearable. I didn't want anything too large and distracting hanging from my neck, so I thought this necklace was appropriate.



Because this outfit is so simple, I thought I could add a hint of colour by using lipstick. I'm wearing Kate Moss Lip Stick by Rimmel London in o2. I paired this outfit with some black velvet loafers from ARK. The ARK I went to was in Norwich, and i'm not sure if there are other ARK shops around, but it's a lot like BANK and Resurrection in Liverpool.
And again, with a simple change of shoes, this look can turn into a night time outfit!




I wore these gorgeous, amazing, wonderful wedges from H&M. I cannot express how much I love these shoes. I bought these in London back in October and when I saw them I knew I had to take them home with me~ They reminded me of Jeffery Campbell's Lita Shoes and I think that's why I was so drawn to them!


Outfit 4~!


I got this tie dye top and cut off shorts at Little Red Vintage in Liverpool. I needed some shorts and I picked up these ones for £20, which isn't too bad. I know I haven't got the worlds best legs, but I really couldn't care less. These shorts make me feel good and they're really comfy too! I saw this tie dye and just had to have it - I love pastel shades lately and this had to be bought! I'll probably cut the top of it off, make it into a scoop neck, but i'm still a bit undecided on whether to or not...


For lipstick, I went for something a bit brighter. I used a Sporty Girl lipstick in bright pink and blended it out with my finger - sometimes it can look really chunky and bitty on the lips if you don't blend it out.



For shoes, I went with my old faithfuls - my white espadrills from River Island. These shoes have lasted me for 2 holidays and they will continue for a third! Super comfortable! I would recommend the ones with the padding on the soles of the shoes, but if you do buy ones without, you can get insoles for your shoes and that will make them much more wearable and comfy for your feet~


FINAL OUTFIT!!




I also got this top from Little Red Vintage. This is an Oregon Zoo Eagle show volunteer top, which is pretty awesome. What I was attracted to was the colour of it and the big eagle on the back! With this top, there has been an elastic put through the bottom of it so that it's tight on you, all I do is tuck it in under itself and it's hidden~ The sleeves have also been rolled up, which is nice~



I paired this look with my burnt orange creeper style shoes from River Island. These are very comfortable and give you some height! If you're small, like me, then it's a wonderful thing. I also thought my watch would look good with it. This watch was a gift from my Nan~ it's hand painted and I love it so so much! (Thank you again Nan~ <3)

Well, that's it! That was my first haul for you all, I hope you enjoyed reading and remember YOU DON'T HAVE TO WEAR EXACTLY WHAT I WEAR! Play with what you've got!

Thank you for taking the time to read this~


No comments:

Post a Comment