Thursday 19 July 2012

FOTD - Manchester Airport

Hello everyone~
Here is a late FOTD from when I was in Manchester Airport. I didn't pack all of my makeup to take away with me, so I was working with what I had~
So, if you would like to know how I got this look:




Then please keep on reading~!


First thing's first, I applied a moisturiser to my face and then I applied a primer. I use Simple moisturiser because I have sensitive skin and I like the texture of this one. For primer, I use this NYC one. I don't rate it at all. I'm just going to use it until it runs out, I might as well get my moneys worth out of it!





After that I appled IS-QUEEN BB Cream all over my face and I blended this down onto my neck too. This is a nice BB Cream, but it's not my favourite. It's pretty sheer so the coverage isn't that great, which isn't good for me because once I apply moisturiser and primer, my skin goes red, not because i'm allergic or anything, it just does.




I used my Rimmel London brow pencil next. I stupidly forgot to bring my Urban Decay brow box with me, but thank GOODNESS I had this pencil! It's too dark for me now that i've dyed my hair, but it's better than nothing. Once I had filled my brows in, I used Dolly Wink's Brow Mascara in Cocoa to lighten them.





 Once that was done, I used a primer. I use MAC Painterly Paint Pot, but you can use whatever you like~ some other suggestions for primer are Urban Decay's Primer Potion, Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Elf Eyelid Primer.




For this makeup look, i'm mainly using Sleek's Matte palette, because it was what I had with me. I used a matte camel/skin tone colour all over my lid (1).




Then I used a matte light grey shade in my crease (2) and blended this out well.




The next colour I use isn't an eye shadow. SHOCKER! It's MAC's Skin Finish~ these come in a variety of colours because it's a skin finish, so it's for your face. I put this colour over the grey, but not taking it as high as the grey colour.



I applied Collection 2000's Concealer under my eyes and anywhere else that I needed covering. Then, using a matte white I highlighted under my brow.



I used the same light matte grey shade on a pencil brush and applied this under my lash line. I then took the Skin Finish powder and applied this over the grey under my lash line.



I set everything into place with my Rimmel London Stay Matte finishing powder in Translucent. I really like this powder~ it's translucent so it's fine for all skin colours/types and it stays put pretty well too.


For an inner corner highlight, I used Virgin from the Urban Decay Naked Palette. This is my all time favourite highlighting colour~ it's just so perfect.



I used a pen eyeliner to line my eyes. I like using a pen eyeliner because I can get nice sharp lines, but I find gel liners stay put the best. Eyeliner can make such a difference in makeup~







Then, to brighten up my eyes, I used a white eyeliner on my water line~ I prefer to use a white one rather than a nude shade. That's just my preference. After that, I applies Miss Sporty Pump Up Lash Mascara.



I applied Natural Collection's Pink Cloud blush on my cheeks. I like to apply this from my hair line and blend down towards the apple of my cheek.


Once that was done, I applied one of my favourite lipsticks, Creme Cup. This was my first MAC lipstick and I've never looked back on buying it~



And we are done! I hope you enjoyed reading and got some tips and things~



No comments:

Post a Comment