Saturday 28 July 2012

FOTD - Winged eye shadow~

Hello all~
I haven't really done a proper up-to-date FOTD... my airport one was from weeks ago and I only just got round to editing it! This time it's different because I edited this a day later, so it's all good!
I hope you enjoy~!


First thing's first, I applied a toner to my skin (Simple), then a moisturiser (Simple) and then a primer (NYC) all over my face~






After that I used Revlon's Colour Stay foundation in Ivory. I can't quite remember why I used this because i'm not it's biggest fan. But anyway~ And after that I used my Urban Decay brow box in Brown Sugar, and I only used the lightest shade in the box all over my eye brows, filling them in. Once that was done, I used Dolly Wink's eyebrow mascara in Cocoa to lighten my brows






I used MAC's Painterly Paint Pot as a primer for my lids. Then, I used a matte nude colour on my eye lids (I'm using the Sleek Ultra Mattes makeup palette, but you can use what ever you like~)






I used a pencil brush for this part~
I then used a matte medium-dark brown eye shadow and created a winged line on my top lid




Using the same brown, I applied it to my bottom lash line and connected it to the wing, and I made the wing thicker




I brought the colour into my crease, increasing the thickness of the wing too. You want to make sure this is sharp and not blended on to the lid





I added some colour to the brown with a matte burgundy, and applied that over the brown and not blending it out



To make the outer V more defined, using the same pencil brush, I used a matte black and defined the V shape I had created






Keep working on your eyes until you're happy and until they're even~
I used a matte white eye shadow as a brow highlight (5) and a peach shimmery shade in the inner corners (6)




If you want your eyelashes to look thicker, you can tightline/line your upper eye lids with a black or brown eyeliner~
I applied Collection 2000's concealer in Fair under my eyes and anywhere else that needed more coverage, then I used Rimmel London's Stay Matte powder to set everything into place. Once that was done, I used EOS Lip Balm on my lips to prep them for lipstick



I used a white eyeliner on my water line to open my eyes up a bit. I used Pump Up Lash mascara by Miss Sporty on my top lashes and MeMeMe's lash lengthening mascara on my bottom lashes. The reason why I used 2 mascaras is because I hate MeMeMe's mascara on my top lashes as it doesn't do a lot for them, so I use it on my lower lashes.




Once that task was completed, I used Natural Collection's Pink Cloud blush lightly on my cheeks (this broke in my suitcase! ;~;)


For lipstick/lip gloss i'm showing 3 options~
The first is a lip gloss from Illamasqua, which I ADORE. It's a warm nude colour and nearly goes with anything, which is nice



The second option is MAC's Creme Cup lipstick which is a more pinky toned lipstick.



And the third option is a bright, almost neon, pink~ I used Miss Sporty's bright pink lipstick in the end. 



Aaaand that's my FOTD~! I hope you enjoyed this look and having a read!
Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog~


No comments:

Post a Comment