Saturday 19 May 2012

Out & About: Chester

Today I went into Chester, on my own! 




Chester is a really, really nice place to go to - great for shopping! There's a lot to do there, like the Roman Walk, there are museums, a few art galleries (the ones where you can buy the paintings) and so on, but, of course, I went there for the shops. I went into Chester to look for my prom dress, but i'm not going to reveal ANYTHING until the time is right~




This is like the main high street of Chester. Chester is pretty easy to get about, I wouldn't say it was small, but not large either? So, a medium sized town? If you like designer things, there are a few shops here and there like Russel & Bromley, Rolex, Jack Wills, and so on. Chester also has a lot of alleys so there are little shops and cafes dotted about everywhere~
Also, we get living statues and performers in the streets too which is pretty cool, such as this guy, sitting on air:




I don't know how long he stayed like that, or how he stayed like that, but it was cool. Got a good audience too, so hats off to him!
There's one cafe which I love in Chester and if you're ever there, pop in and get something to eat because it's lush. The cafe is called The Mad Hatters Cafe~! Cute name right? Well it's cute inside too~




This photo does not do the cafe justice! This is what it looks like from the outside (obviously!), I would've taken a photo of it from the inside too, but it was so busy and I was sat at the back. This is a cute Alice in Wonderland themed cafe, with unique cupcakes and odd teapots~ inside it's painted lilac which I think is a very relaxed colour, it's not vibrant which I think is good because sometimes vibrant colours give me a headache! The tables and chairs don't match, as in you'll have a blue chair with a light brown table and the other chair could be a mint green. There are Alice in Wonderland themed paintings dotted about the cafe which ties in with the theme perfectly! The service here is quick and very friendly~ I was alone but I didn't feel alone and miserable when I was in there, which is a strange thing to say, but very true! When I was waiting for my food, they told me there would be a 15 minute delay, which didn't bother me at all, but in 2 minutes my food was at my table and sat in front of me. Either 15 minutes flew by, or there wasn't a delay for me~





Now, I know the knife and the fork looks like a weird thing to post a picture of, but I love them~ they tie in very well with the theme of the cafe and I was happy! 
Okay, so, I was in need of a delicious panini and I got one. This is a chicken, mozzarella, tomato and pesto panini and I LOVE this panini. The salad that comes with it has no vinegar or salad sauce or stuff on it, which I am thankful for because i'm not a fan of putting dressing on my salad. Presentation is neat and simple, nothing much to say!


As you can see, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal~

The cupcake selection is always different. You have your "originals" like strawberries and cream and then you have their unique flavours. The first time I went there, I had a coke flavoured cupcake. Now don't make assumptions! It was so good! Not sickly at all, and to be honest, I was worried in case it was, but thankfully it wasn't~ This time around, I went for a chocolate and vanilla cupcake and it was adorable!



HOW CUTE IS THIS? It's adorable! The presentation of it too is so lovely~ And the fork! The fork~ just adorable! It's a lot of icing but it's not sickly nor drying, it's the perfect amount of moisture and the cupcake itself is a little teeny-tiny bit dry, but the icing makes up for that. The vanilla and the chocolate icing swirled together is awesome, and it's topped with chocolate balls, chocolate sprinkles and glitter, edible glitter! 



So, so yummy~
All of this, including a drink, was about £8 which I think is really rather good!
I had a nice day in Chester, even though I was alone. 
Thanks again for reading my blog~!

Here's a photo of what I came home to...




No comments:

Post a Comment