Wednesday 1 August 2012

IU "Real" inspired makeup tutorial

I've had my first request~! Oh happy days! The look that was requested was IU's makeup for her album"Real", it's pretty much a brown smokey eye, but in her look she wore very long and thin eyelashes, but I wanted to make this a much more wearable look, so there are no falsies in this~ but, of course, if you wanted to add lashes, you can!
With that being said, if you would like to know how to create this look:










Then please keep on reading~


First, I applied a toner, moisturiser and primer to my face, after that I applied BB Cream to my face.







For this look, I decided to straighten out my brows since IU's are pretty straight. I used a eyebrow pencil for this and slowly drew under the arch of my brow. Once I was happy with the shape, I filled in my brows and added brow mascara.








I then applied a primer to my lids to stop my eye shadows from creasing. Once that was done I put a light/medium matte brown (1) all over my lids. Don't worry if it's messy, you'll be blending it out.






Then I used a reddish bronze shimmery eye shadow on the inner and outer corners of my eyes and blended them in. Make sure they don't blend too far into the lid, you still want the centre of your lid to have the light/medium brown appear through.





I then took a dark reddish brown (3) and applied this on the outer corner of my eyes and blended. Make sure to bring the eye shadow down and slightly past your eyes. Use a matte white/cream eye shadow as a brow highlight (4).





I used a shimmery dusty gold shade (6) and applied this on the centre of my lids. This will make your eyes appear larger and highlight them.





Using the same matte light/medium brown, I applied this on my lower lash line, bringing it quite far in. Then I used a matte brown that was 1-2 shades darker (5) on the centre of my lower lash line, and then I went back into the reddish bronze and applied this on the outer corners of my lower lash line.





I used the same dark reddish brown eye shadow on my lash line to smoke it out a bit and I applied an inner corner highlight on my lower lash line.





I applied concealer where I needed it and set my makeup into place with powder. I then used a lip balm to prep my lips for lip stick.





I lined my eyes with a pen liner, then I used a black pencil liner and only lined the inner corners of my eyes. After that I applied mascara.








I used an orange shade of blush and applied it a bit heavily on my cheeks. I made sure to blend this out well!




I wanted to mute out my natural lip colour, so I used a small amount of concealer on my lips. Once that was done I took a dark nude lip gloss and applied this all over my lips. I then took a very light pink lip gloss and layered this over the first lip gloss to get a perfect nude lip.






And that's it!
Style your hair accordingly if you want to and that completes the IU inspired makeup!





Flash


Natural light



Thank you so much for reading~!
I hope you enjoyed this makeup look~

No comments:

Post a Comment