Friday 24 August 2012

Something dramatic~

Hello everyone~
I haven't played with makeup for a while, all i've been doing is my usual looks and inspired looks and I wanted to have some fun, and I wanted to try out my new brushes~ I just looked at all of my makeup and thought something smokey would be nice, but did I want to do a black smokey eye, or a bright one? I had no idea. But, I eventually came up with this look, so if you would like to know how I got this look:


Please keep on reading~

I've already applied toner and moisturiser to my skin. After that, I used Etude House BB Cream, and then I used MAC's Painterly Paint Pot as a primer for my eyes.



I used Natural Collection's white eye liner and started to line my eyes. I lined above my crease and made a wing shape, I also brought the liner under my eyes and I filled it all in. I didn't care if it wasn't even, as long as it was white, then it was fine by me~






Once I was satisfied with that, I set it in place with a cream/white eye shadow. I used a matte cream shadow from Soap&Glory.


Next I used the colour Naked (1) from the Urban Decay NAKED palette and outlined the white wing, blending it out slightly. I then used Buck (2) from the same palette and blended it in the inner part of my eye by the bridge of my nose.





I used the Sleep Ultra Mattes palette to deepen the inner part of my eye. I used the dark brown (3) in the palette first, and I made sure I blended this out well. I also used this colour to go over the Naked eye shadow that was outlining my white wing. I used the matte black eye shadow to define the inner part of my eye even more and I slightly blended this down towards my nose to give the illusion of a slimmer nose.





For my eyebrows I used Sleek's natural palette and took a dark matte brown (1) from that to create flicks, giving a hairy brow effect. I used the same matte black eye shadow and pressed it lightly against my lash line.




After that, I applied concealer where I needed it, I use Collection 2000's concealer in Fair, I set my makeup into place with Rimmel London's Stay Matte powder and I applied EOS lip balm to my lips to prep them for lipstick.




I applied a good layer of Pump Up Lash mascara by Miss Sporty on my top lashes only. 


For contouring, I used the same Soap&Glory palette as before, but I used the matte brown shade and blended this into my cheek bones. (Yes, this is the face you will have to make~) I blended this out with the dusty rose colour from the palette.



To add a bit of colour to the face, I used Natural Collection's blush in Pink Cloud.
For a highlight, I used a matte white eye shadow from Sleek's natural palette (1) on the bridge of my nose, cheek bones, cupids bow, chin and forehead. I went over this with Virgin from the Urban Decay NAKED palette (2).






I muted out my lips with my concealer, then I used MAC's Creme Cup lipstick and lightly dabbed this on my lips.



Originally, I thought I was done, but something felt like it was missing...



I thought I would add some eyeliner, because, in my opinion, eyeliner makes everything look better~
I used MAC's Blitz & Glitz gel liner and lined my eyes. I winged it out long and thinly, making sure I didn't go over the white wing.




Aaaaand that's it!
I had fun doing this~ it's nice to play around with makeup and see what happens.






Thank you very much for reading! 
If you'd like to see more of these dramatic makeup looks, please tweet me @nadia_harrison, I would love to have your suggestions, or if there is a makeup look that you'd like to see, just ask and i'll see what I can do!
Thanks again~

2 comments:

  1. i like your blog name, made me smile! This is an awesome look hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you very, very much~!

    ReplyDelete