Saturday 18 August 2012

Styling an Army jacket in 3 different ways~

Hello all~
I haven't done a clothing post in a while, and since I went uni shopping the other day, I thought I would put together a post based on styling an Army jacket!
My jacket it from Top Shop, but i'm sure you can pick one up for much cheaper somewhere else, like a vintage market for example~ You don't have to follow these ideas exactly, they are there for inspiration and this is just what I would pair with it. Please excuse the interruption of my cat(s). With that being said, we shall begin with the first outfit:

Everyday

This is what I would wear on an everyday basis, it's very simple.


Jacket - Top Shop
White Shirt - H&M
Grey Cardi - H&M
Sword Necklace - Vintage
Sand Timer Necklace - Top Shop

Jeans - Top Shop

Suede Boots - Top Shop

Pleather Backpack - Top Shop
Lucky Cat Charms (left) - Gift, Japan, Malaysia
Money Lion (right) - Malaysia
Clog - Gift

Only when I was done taking photos that I realised I was wearing a LOT of Top Shop and H&M... Never mind. 
I really like this outfit, it's simple and if I get too hot, I can easily take off my jacket and i'll have my cardigan underneath to give me the right amount of warmth. For the winter, I would add a beanie and a circlet, and possibly change my shoes. I freaking LOVE my suede shoes~ I've had them for such a long time and they've never let me down, they are my go-to winter shoe~ I am in love with my backpack too! I've been looking for a decent one for a while, and this is nice and simple~ I jazzed it up with my lucky charms, which are a bit annoying because the Lucky Cats have little bells on them, so I jingle where ever I go. At least you know i'm around.

Festival

This outfit is something I would consider wearing to a festival, minus the shoes because if I got these ruined, I would be devastated.


Orange Bobble Hat - Top Shop
Lipstick - Revlon

Jacket - Top Shop
Alex Is On Fire Cut Up Top - PULP

Denim Cut-offs - Little Red Vintage
Black Tights - somewhere...

Red Jeffery Campbell Tardy - Office

Pleather Backpack - Top Shop

If I were to wear this to a festival, i'd wear wellies, obviously.
I put on this orange bobble hat because I wanted some colour in my outfit, and orange seemed to be the way forward. I was gifted my Alex Is On Fire tee by my sister, who then took the sleeves off for me, and I like it that way, looks more rock-sih. I don't usually support the black tights with shorts thing, but when it's worn right and not commonly, it can look good, and in my opinion, it looks good here. Again, I went with my backpack~ it's comfortable to have because you're balancing the weight on both of your shoulders rather than just one if you have a tote bag, for example. 


Girly

"WHAT NADIA?! THIS ISN'T GIRLY, OMG." 


Bowler Hat - H&M
Pink Lipstick - Etude House

Jacket - Top Shop
Mustard Dress - Top Shop
Chain - Top Shop
Small bag (which you can't see) - Gifted

Black Ankle Socks - H&M
Leather Brogues - Top Shop

To me, this outfit is girly, but I took away the girly-ness with the jacket.
I did look through my clothes to see if I had a lacey white dress, or something along those lines, and I didn't, so I wore my trusty old mustard dress. I love my bowler hat, it gives a smart look to pretty much everything, whereas the beanie can give a more casual look to outfits. Socks and brogues are a good match, I just wish they were lace socks, then that would have been adorable, but I work with what I own. These are my all time favourite shoes. I'm not sure how I managed to live without them.. They were a gift from my sister for my birthday (thanks El, you're getting a good mention in this post, aye?).

Thank you all for reading this post!
If you would like to see more styling posts please email me at elegant.mustache@yahoo.com or you can tweet me: @nadia_harrison
Please don't hesitate to ask me questions, I will always answer! 


Here are some "blooper-esque" photos for you...




No comments:

Post a Comment