Saturday 19 May 2012

How to: Wear dark lipsticks - part 1

Hello everyone, hope you're all well!
Here is a makeup tutorial for you on wearing dark lipsticks~ I know not everyone is going to want to wear dark lipsticks because it doesn't suit them or they just don't like it, but there are people out there, such as myself, who like to and this is just 3 ways that I wear 3 different types of dark lipsticks. Hope you enjoy!




So, the three lipsticks I will be using today are Rimmel London's Kate Moss lipstick in 04, Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in 477 Black Cherry and Revlon Colourburst lipstick in 010 Plum. So let's get started with the first look! I've already applied BB Cream, concealer and i've filled in my brows.


Here i'm using MAC Painterly Paint Pot as a primer. Priming your eyelids prevents the eye shadows from creasing and helps them last longer. After that I used Soap & Glory's What's Nude eye shadow palette and I took the lightest colour, Vanilla, and put that all over my eye lids and under my lower lash line too.


After that, I used Sellout from the Urban Decay Book of Shadows Volume 2 and put that on the inner corners of my eyes and under my brow bone.


Once that was done, I set my face makeup with a setting powder. I then took the colour Virgin from the Urban Decay Naked palette and, using my ringer finger, put a little bit of the colour on my nose bridge, cupids bow and cheek bones to highlight my face.



I then applied liquid eye liner on my eyes, for this I didn't want to line my eyes too heavily or wing it out a lot, so I kept the line reasonably thin and gave only a small wing. I then used my Miss Sporty Pump Up Lash mascara on my top and bottom lashes.




Now we can apply lipstick! For this look i'm using the Rimmel London Kate Moss lipstick in 04. (This was the first time that I was using it so I wasn't sure how it would look on me!) When I apply a dark lipstick, I like to put some on my lips at first, kinda messily, then use a lip brush to make sure I get smooth lines and so that's even, I go over it again with the lipstick to darken it up some more.



derp.


And that is it! 


REMEMBER:
You do not have to use the same products as me! Just have fun with what you have!

I hope you enjoyed part 1 of this and hope you stay tuned for part 2!
Thanks for reading~

No comments:

Post a Comment