Tuesday 15 May 2012

My 1st order from Sasa.com part 4 - Face scrub, eyebrow mascara and double eyelid tape(?)

Phew, this is the last part now, I bet you're sick to death of it all.


Lately i've been loving face masks and different face scrubs and when I came across a tub of face scrub for a cheap price, I couldn't resist! The only problem is, I can't read Chinese...





I only realised after taking these pictures that there's a spoon included so I can scoop the product out and mix it with water to make my mask *face palm* Okay, so, there's a lot of this and it's going to last me a long time, well it seems that way! This powder smells funny. I don't know what of, but it smells. It's not a disgusting smell like the cupcake hand cream, it's just different haha! Because i'm silly and I didn't know there was a spoon for me to use, I just applied it straight onto my skin and used water to make a mixture on my face, which is probably the wrong thing to do, and I made it into a bit of a face scrub and although I only used it on a small section of my cheek, it really made a difference! That section of my cheek was smooth~ really really nice! Next time when I use this, i'm going to make a mixture on a pallet thing and see how that goes~
I'd give this  ****


Now, onto something that i've been looking forward to try since I ordered it! Brow mascara from Dolly Wink~!




I ordered this in the darkest shade, Coco (I think, i'll need to check that too!) and even the darkest shade is too light for me -_- but that doesn't mean that I haven't been using it. I've started to fill in my eyebrows differently lately, so they're lighter at the front, about 1/4 and the other 3/4 is darker and with this brow mascara on top, it looks rather nice! Another thing i'm a bit meh about it is that it's shimmery... *face palm* WHY?! Who wants shimmery golden eye brows?? Tsubasa Masuwaka, I totally understand that it's something for certain people and that you suit it, but it's not going to suit everyone.




This is the wand and I wasn't expecting this, at all. In my mind, I had a much bigger mascara  wand, I probably thought this because i've seen makeup people on YouTube use different brands of brow mascara and the wands on those are different but hey-ho! Each brand to their own~ At first I didn't like the size of it, but now that i've used it more I like it more, and with the wand being this small I can see when I need to trim my brows, hahaha.
I would give this Dolly Wink product ***~


Now, I bought double eyelid tape because I thought it could help me out. I'm not a monolid or anything, but I have a bit of a hood going on, or, as I like to call it, fat lids. The down side to having fat lids is that I can't have a perfectly straight line when I use eyeliner, I have to kinda curve it on my lid and over draw it, making it thick so I can get a straight line. I don't mind this, but some days I don't want thick eye liner and so I thought "ah ha! MAYBE THIS WILL HELP ME!"





So I got this Japanese brand of tape because it was cheap and there's 34 strips of tape which I think will last me a good long time, seeing as i'm not going to use these every day. I'm still getting to grips with how to use these things... as soon as you use the tweezers (which come with them) to pick them up and get closer to your lids, they just have like a weird magnetic connection to your skin and are almost saying "NO, I WILL STICK HERE. DO NOT MOVE ME. HERE. HERE. HERE." As strange as it sounds, it's true. I still need to use them more for me to understand (is that the right word?) them better, because at the moment, i'm not sticking them in the right place and you can't even tell that i've put double lid tape there. Comfort level, I couldn't tell you because i'd want to wear them for a whole day before making a judgement on that. I might invest in some glue instead... we'll see.
I would give this product **




I was meant to post the packaging and packaging details in my part 1, but I forgot, so i'm doing it now~!





As you can see, the box it came in was pretty large and 3/4 of it was filled with Styrofoam 3 or E shaped things. A box full of fun~ My items were all packed together in a sellotaped bubble-wrap bag thing. This was good because it meant my items were safely together and there wouldn't be any damage. On the other hand, I kinda wish they were separate because they were quite crammed together in the bubble-wrap bag and my packaging on my Etude House box was only very very slightly damaged, and I like packaging and things so this was a suprising thing for me. I did have to pay shipping charges which I didn't realise, so be prepared if you live outside Hong Kong! Haha!


Well i've finally finished my review on my first Sasa.com haul! I really hoped you enjoyed reading this and stay tuned for my next post!


Thanks again for reading~!


All items can be found at www.sasa.com
   

No comments:

Post a Comment