Wednesday 12 September 2012

Runway Looks - Aut/Wint '11 - Jeremy Scott

Hello everyone~
Today's recreated runway look is from Jeremy Scott's Autumn/Winter '11 collection. Firstly i'd like to just say that I love Jeremy Scott, he is in my top 5 designers that I admire. His collections are original, youthful, fun and quirky, and what's best is you can take what he has on the runway and wear it everyday, his work is so wearable! In this collection, the models had multi-coloured hair that was tied up in high pigtails, and their makeup was also very bright. The eye shadows varied from yellow, green, orange and pink, and all the models wore dramatic pointed lashes on their lower lashes, giving a very interesting and dramatic look.
If you'd like to know how I recreated these looks:










Please keep on reading~

Firstly, I applied a toner and moisturiser to my skin. This time i'm not going to start with BB Cream like I usually do because pink eye shadow has a lot of fall out and if you try getting rid of it over your foundation/BB Cream, you're going to have a bad time. I began with using a primer all over my eyelids, extending it out past my brows.


I used a matte bright pink blush (you can use eye shadow, I just used what I had) all over my lids and I gradually began blending it upwards. I used a pink eye shadow (1) over the top and blended it outwards, creating a wing shape.







I used another pink blush (2) and used this as a blending colour. I used a matte cream eye shadow (3), and two light pink eye shadows (4,5) under my brow bone to help me create a wing shape.





To make my crease a little bit darker and to intensify the pink more, I used a matte lilac eye shadow (6) through my crease and I darkened it up even more with a matte purple (7).



I wiped away any fallout that I had with a makeup wipe.
I re-applied some primer under my lash line, then I used a matte blue eye shadow (8) under my eyes and connected it to the pink eye shadow.




I used a BB Cream all over my face and I used a concealer for extra coverage. Then I set my makeup with baby powder - I used this because the models were very pale and this would help whiten me out a bit.




I used a white eyeliner on my waterline and I applied this quite thickly. I used a black pen eyeliner on my top lash line, making sure I didn't wing it out. I then applied a lot of mascara on my top lashes only.




I used a pair of dramatic, pointy lashes on my lower lash line.



I blanked out my lips with my concealer then I applied a neon/light pink lipstick to my lips.


And that's it!





I hope you enjoyed reading this post,  I had a lot of fun doing it! 
Remember, if you want to re-create this look, you don't have to use the exact same products as me! Have fun with it and tone it down or make it as dramatic as you want~!

If you wish to contact me, you can tweet me @nadia_harrison or email me at elegant.mustache@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks so much for reading~!

1 comment: