Tuesday 11 September 2012

Runway Looks Aut/Wint '12 - Lanvin

Hello everyone~
I've decided to do a mini series! Yay~ this series is going to be about Runway looks from the Autumn/Winter '12 collections from various designers. I'll be doing my best to recreate the looks that the models wore on the runways. 
To kick start the series, I decided to show you how to do Lanvin's Aut/Wint '12 makeup. This is a very very basic look, and the only real problem that you might have is if you don't have a steady hand! The models wore blonde eyebrows with thick eyeliner that winged out dramatically. On their face it was just foundation, concealer, powder and highlight down the nose, and on their lips they wore nothing. Very basic, like I said, but easy. If you'd like to know how I recreated this look:






Then please keep on reading~!

Firstly, I applied a toner and a mattifying moisturiser to my skin. After that I applied BB Cream and concealer to any areas on my face that needed extra coverage.





To make my eyebrows lighter, I rubbed in some eyebrow wax into the hairs of my eyebrows and then I used two medium skin colours that look blonde (1,2). To make them even lighter, I used a little bit of white (3) over the top.


I then applied a primer all over my lids and then I used the same matte white (1) all over my lids and up to my brow bone.



For the eyeliner, I used a black gel liner, but if you'd rather use pencil, liquid, pen, etc, you may! Use what ever you're most comfortable with. 
I began by putting the colour onto my lids, but not bringing  it past my crease yet.




From the inner corners, I brought the liner up and began making a curved line.


I filled in a majority of my eyelid then I moved on making the wing.
I followed my lower lash line and drew a straight line from the outer corner of my eyes. Once i'd done that, I connected the top line to the bottom and filled it in.





Play around with the shape until you're happy~
With the excess eyeliner left on my brush, I looked straight ahead and carefully lined under my eyeris.




I applied mascara to my top lashes only and set my makeup in place with a powder.



I used a shimmery eye shadow (1) as a highlight and I only put this on the bridge of my nose, and after that I used a lip balm for my lips.
And that's it!







I went on an editing overload~

Super easy right?! 
I really hope you like this look and I also hope that you stay tuned for other runway looks, some will be more wearable than others, and of course, you can tone down this look to make it suit you! Play with it and have fun!
Thanks again~!

If you want to contact me, you can Tweet me @nadia_harrison or email me at elegant.mustache@yahoo.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. You're very pretty, but that's not how it originally went.
    The eyeliner kinda followed their eyebrow crease and winged out, whereas yours curved above it and then winged out. like a tradtional eyeline.

    ReplyDelete