Sunday 30 September 2012

Runway Looks - Roberto Cavalli Aut/Wint '11

Hello everyone~
I'm finally back on track with my runway inspired looks! And today I shall show you my interpretation of Roberto Cavalli's Autumn/Winter '11 runway makeup. This is a smokey eye with a copper lid and it's gorgeous~ full of warmth and is quite messy too. So, if you'd like to see how I recreated this look:









Please keep on reading~!

As usual, I applied a moisturiser and a toner to my skin, then I used a primer and then on top of that I used my BB Cream.



The models in the photos have thick, dark, straight and angular brows, so I used the darkest shade in my brow box to fill my eyebrows in. Once I had done that, I applied a primer to my lids to prevent my eye shadows from creasing. 



I patted on a shimmery copper eye shadow (1) to the centre of my eyelids, going slightly past my crease. After that, I packed a matte black eye shadow (2) on the outer corner of my lids and began to blend it in into my crease.







To help me blend out the black eye shadow, I used a matte medium/dark brown (3) into my crease and blended it upwards.




I used the same matte black eye shadow in the inner corners of my eyes and blended that into the copper colour.



I used a black pencil eyeliner on my lash line and blended it out with the black eyeshadow. I kept going back to the copper colour and packing it back onto my lids because it got washed out against the black eye shadow.



With the same copper eye shadow, I applied it thickly under my eyes and slightly blended it out. With the black eye shadow, I applied this on top of the copper eye shadow, but keeping it close to my bottom lashes.



I mixed a light shimmery gold eye shadow (4) and a darker gold eye shadow (5) for my inner corner highlight.





I swept away any fall out that I had and applied concealer where I needed it and blended it out.


I used the same black pencil eyeliner on my water line and I tight-lined with it too.


For the face, I used a highlighter on the top of my cheek bones and a peach blush to warm my face up a bit. For my lips, I just blanked them out a little bit with what ever BB Cream was left on my brush. 



And that's it! I realised after taking a few photos, I had forgotten to apply mascara, haha! After I had applied blush and highlighter, I applied mascara on my top lashes and lightly on my bottom lashes.






Thanks so much for reading and I hope you like this look! I really like it, and I don't wear black eye shadow, but it works well here~ of course you can tone it down and make it more wearable and adjust it here and there!
If you wish to contact me, you can tweet me @nadia_harrison or email me at elegant.mustache@yahoo.co.uk
Thank you again~!

No comments:

Post a Comment